Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sam Tomkins plays for Baa Baa's?
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 03:56 PM by welsh man.)
Sam Tomkins plays for Baa Baa's?
Okay so Rugby League international Sam Tompkins is playing for the Baa Baa's as a 1 off anyone notice the pattern here? I don't agree with him changing codes as a 1 off since getting used to the rules and different tactics of rugby union will take more than 1 game, he is a talented RL player but as we saw with Wille Mason when he came to play union he didnt really do much. I wouldn't mind this so much if he was changing from League to Union but he's not so whats the point?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2011, 11:24 PM
RE: Sam Tomkins plays for Baa Baa's?
Bums on seats. Same reason they hinted that Gav was going to turn out for them last year. They could never say it outright as there was no intention on either side to actually go through with it.

They had also probably been told that any Welsh squad members would be required for the Aussie game and would not be available for this one.
11-21-2011, 11:32 PM
All that you said is true but Tompkins wont be able to come to union properly for at least 3 more years due to the pledge he took, just seems pointless to even have him there yet.
11-22-2011, 12:05 AM
It's not about Tomkins, it's about getting people through the turnstiles. The Baa-Baas are essentially an organisation who raises monies for charity, so the more money they make from a game, the more goes to a cause.

If that's helped by giving a RL player a run-out in what is the most similar position across the codes, so much the better. I'd rather see Tomkins play at Twickers than see some Z-lister fulfill a lifelong dream by playing at Old Trafford, Anfield or Wembley.