Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Player power bug strikes french
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Player power bug strikes french
So it seems the player power bug that struck wales in 2006 with Mike Ruddock has struck france. Imanol Harinordoquy has told the media that him and the rest of the team ignored Marc Lievremont during the world. Do they really think that after saying that they will be picked again for the 6nations. I cant see new coach Philippe Saint-Andre wanting player power and a lack of respect while he is there. So if they had listened to their coach in the 1st place they might have just won the world cup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2011, 09:55 PM
RE: Player power bug strikes french
Right so Saint -Andre's gonna leave out Harinordoquy cos he had a bust with their last coach who was how you say in English "a mental" ? Are you sure ? How many of the Ruddock's team never played International rugby again ? Off the top of my head, not many & didn't Ruddock's mysterious sacking have more to do with his inability to keep his dick out of one of the WRU board members' wife than what Gareth Thomas thought ? Seriously Alfie's a legend an all but the guy was a milkman not a master tactician.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2011, 01:17 AM
RE: Player power bug strikes french
Ok the reason he had the sack was not cos of a players wife not a WRU members wife, And player power had a lot to do with his sacking, and if a player can get all the players to rally around him and stand against their coach and he goes the next one should drop him if i was a coach i would drop him out of the team in case he does it again. No player is bigger than the game and if a coach cant control his players then whats the point in having one. And players who never played again for wales who i can think of were Sonny parker, Micheal Owen and Gareth Thomas did for a very short while but notice how he was never picked by gatland? The reason was not just cos we didnt need him but cos of his ability to draw players in and use that player power. The french players had a lack of respect for their coach and im my opinion deserved to lose the world cup. Their coach may have been mad but was right most the time he was with them.
Find all posts by this user