Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Imagine if common sense and the laws of rugby ever met, well maybe they have
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Imagine if common sense and the laws of rugby ever met, well maybe they have
Using the Laws of physics (stick with me, it's not as boring or complicated as it sounds) 3 former Lions and the IRB medical advisor have got a plan for scrums (about time some1 did)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
RE: Imagine if common sense and the laws of rugby ever met, well maybe they have
It all seems very sensible right up until they start talking about changing scrum penalty to an unconvertable penalty kick – that would destroy the art of scrummaging, as poor scrummaging teams could just give wilfully infringe knowing that the worst thing they can give up is some field position.

I still think that if the scrummaging laws, as they stand, were actually applied by referees, then many of the problems with scrums would be alleviated.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - now, bugger off.
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
RE: Imagine if common sense and the laws of rugby ever met, well maybe they have
The "uncovertable kick" thing just seems to be a way of making the ref's even more confused than they already are, Flatman reckons that if they take the "pause" and therefore the massive collision (that they were trying to stop in the first place iirc) then fewer scrums would be "incomplete" & he's been the best loose head I've seen in the Aviva this season, so I believe him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I think Brian Moore made a similar point in his little thesis last week – there shouldn't be a collision at the scrums, they should engage, then push, not push and engage at the same time…

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - now, bugger off.
Find all posts by this user