Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Huw Bennett Called up to Welsh Squad
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Huw Bennett Called up to Welsh Squad
Something to put a bit of panic in you. The BBC ticker is reporting that Huw Bennett has been added to the Welsh squad to give cover to Hibbard. Great news for the Irish then...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. blog and forum
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 07:14 PM by Machine.)
RE: Huw Bennett Called up to Welsh Squad
That is putting a bit of panic in me. Dear Christ are we really that badly off for hookers? What about Steve Jones at the Drags or TRT? Neither are any good but better than bloody Bennett!

Hell it's only the Oirish scrum, Oompa would be able to scrummage against them and at least he can throw
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Even worse news - Rees injured, Bennett could be starting!!!
Quote:Wales have injury concerns over captain Matthew Rees, James Hook, Ryan Jones and Morgan Stoddart before Saturday's Six Nations match with Ireland.
All four have been taking a "limited part" training, but Wales are hopeful they will be fit to start in Cardiff.

Back-up hooker Richard Hibbard picked up a should injury playing for the Ospreys on Saturday, so regional team-mate Huw Bennett has been called up.
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Back to crying then

03-08-2011, 12:24 PM
(03-07-2011 07:13 PM)Machine Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That is putting a bit of panic in me. Dear Christ are we really that badly off for hookers? What about Steve Jones at the Drags or TRT? Neither are any good but better than bloody Bennett!

Hang on a minute, Bennett isn't great, and I'm no happier to see him there than anyone else, but Thomas Rhys Thomas? Come off it! He's the worst hooker in Wales! I'll never forget seeing him warming up at halftime at the Arms Park once, he was practising his throwing to a ball boy, who couldn't have been more than 13, and the kid was significantly more accurate than he was... Threw it in a nice spiral too.
03-08-2011, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 12:57 PM by MrRoboto.)
(03-08-2011 12:24 PM)Josh G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hang on a minute, Bennett isn't great, and I'm no happier to see him there than anyone else, but Thomas Rhys Thomas? Come off it! He's the worst hooker in Wales! I'll never forget seeing him warming up at halftime at the Arms Park once, he was practising his throwing to a ball boy, who couldn't have been more than 13, and the kid was significantly more accurate than he was... Threw it in a nice spiral too.

I also agree with Machine - TRT is poor, but Bennett has gone backwards at lightspeed. 08 Bennett would be a useful option, current Bennett is even craper than TRT imo. Bennett on is giving up on lineouts altogether

Retired from international rugby on grounds of being too crap
03-08-2011, 12:59 PM
We're simply arguing degrees of crapness though

03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
When discussing Welsh hookers, that's the only thing we're capable of dealing in...
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 01:36 PM by Rugby Nick.)
(03-08-2011 01:32 PM)Josh G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.When discussing Welsh hookers, that's the only thing we're capable of dealing in...

Rees has become quality. A damn good scrummaging hooker and great around the park. Lineout is still dodgy (though far better than it once was) but then I am not 100% convinced by our jumpers either

03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh well, it could be worse, the French have just benched Harinordoquy and let Chabal keep his place – let's all be thankful Marc Livremont isn't making the Wales team selections....