Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Haskell World Tour
07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Haskell World Tour
Quote:England flanker James Haskell has agreed to rejoin Wasps in 2012 on a three-year deal, after he has completed a spell in Japan.

The 26-year-old, who was released by Stade Francais at the end of last season, will play for Ricoh Black Rams in Japan after this year's World Cup.

He then aims to play a Super 15 season before returning to London in time for the 2012/13 Premiership campaign.

No 6N then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
RE: Haskell World Tour
Lol, he is a tosser. Claims to be going to the S15 but from what I understand no team has shown an interest as of yet

And still the Wasps search for a useful 7 continues...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. blog and forum
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Is anyone going to sign up to Wasps knowing that he will be around and probably 1st choice in 2012?
07-03-2011, 08:46 PM
(07-03-2011 08:43 PM)Reggie68 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Is anyone going to sign up to Wasps knowing that he will be around and probably 1st choice in 2012?

At 7? I wish people would stop seeing him as an openside, he's not up to it

07-04-2011, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 12:37 PM by @buck_mitchell.)
He has got better since he's been playing in France but he is all muscle and zero technique. Wasps aren't short of back rower's either - Launchbury, Sam Jones, Billy Vunipola and Will Matthews are all young (U20's) and English qualified (although Matthews is injured and may not return). They've just signed open side Jonathan Poff from Canterbury Crusaders to back up Tom Rees (who unfortunately needs a lot of back up). John Hart's got a few more seasons in him (he's 29) but Dan Ward Smith is 33 and Worsley is 34 (I thought he was about 60 tbh) & Haskell's only 26 so he will be a useful addition to the squad, whenever he arrives.

On unrelated "Haskell News" this always gives me a chuckle - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
(07-04-2011 12:36 PM)@buck_mitchell Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.He has got better since he's been playing in France but he is all muscle and zero technique. Wasps aren't short of back rower's either - Launchbury, Sam Jones, Billy Vunipola and Will Matthews are all young (U20's) and English qualified (although Matthews is injured and may not return). They've just signed open side Jonathan Poff from Canterbury Crusaders to back up Tom Rees (who unfortunately needs a lot of back up). John Hart's got a few more seasons in him (he's 29) but Dan Ward Smith is 33 and Worsley is 34 (I thought he was about 60 tbh) & Haskell's only 26 so he will be a useful addition to the squad, whenever he arrives.

On unrelated "Haskell News" this always gives me a chuckle - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Only just found out about Poff, meant to be a decentish sort of player. If Rees comes back then perfect for back up. But even a crap 7 is better than no one if/when Rees gets injured again

Will matthews I never really rated, Hart has regressed and is no more than average at best back up, DWS is decent enough, Worsley, despite his age, has been quality at this level (hopefully will continue), Sam Jones looked too lightweight in what I have seen - needs to bulk up before he becomes a prem player properly, Billy V is a massive (!) prospect - but needs awareness and to slim down a touch (which will come with game time) and Launchbury was superb last season at 2nd row so I hope he gets played there, not 6 (though with the 2 new 2nd row signings and Shaw, 6 may be his best bet - though I would happily drop Shaw in a heartbeat. Used to be a fan but he was crap almost all of last season)

07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
I think all the youngsters would give a good account of themselves in the Aviva. I'd imagine Vunipola will be used as more of an impact player than a 80 minute work horse, imagine seeing that charging down the blind side after about 50-60 minutes !! I have no idea how Wasps are gonna utilise their Second Row options, they appear to have 6 - 5 of whom are all 30+ and all weigh the exactly the same and are the same height and then Marty Veale who's 6 ft 3 and 18 stone 2. That's the one athletic lock and one massive lock out of the window then !
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
(07-05-2011 02:02 PM)@buck_mitchell Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think all the youngsters would give a good account of themselves in the Aviva. I'd imagine Vunipola will be used as more of an impact player than a 80 minute work horse, imagine seeing that charging down the blind side after about 50-60 minutes !! I have no idea how Wasps are gonna utilise their Second Row options, they appear to have 6 - 5 of whom are all 30+ and all weigh the exactly the same and are the same height and then Marty Veale who's 6 ft 3 and 18 stone 2. That's the one athletic lock and one massive lock out of the window then !

Cannon and Launchbury are something like 22 and 20.

07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Yea, I was counting Launchbury in the youngsters who would give a good account of themselves. If you count him as a second row they've got 7 !! & Cannon's the 1 who isn't 30+, he's pretty much the same size as the others though.
11-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Now signed for Otago Highlanders.