Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
He might be going to Bayonne but he can't get their quick enough for my liking
06-16-2011, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 08:12 PM by @buck_mitchell.)
He might be going to Bayonne but he can't get their quick enough for my liking
Leopards, spots, etc. What an arse
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
RE: He might be going to Bayonne but he can't get their quick enough for my liking
Ha Ha, being restrained by MacDonals Bouncers. Big Grin

He'll get thrown out of 'Toys are Us' next. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: He might be going to Bayonne but he can't get their quick enough for my liking
No doubt, for throwing all the toys out his pram I expect !
06-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I actually have a suspicion that this time he may not be completely at fault.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. blog and forum
06-16-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't think he has to be "completely at fault" how does he manage to get himself into these situations ? Even I can manage to go out and NOT get pinned to the ground by bouncers, he has to totally self involved or a raging alchy to not even consider how this is going to further damage his reputation.
06-16-2011, 11:53 PM
(06-16-2011 10:47 PM)@buck_mitchell Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I don't think he has to be "completely at fault" how does he manage to get himself into these situations ? Even I can manage to go out and NOT get pinned to the ground by bouncers, he has to totally self involved or a raging alchy to not even consider how this is going to further damage his reputation.

what it said...

Quote:He said: “He was not allowed into McDonald’s and was having an argument with the bouncers.”

Should he ave engaged? No, but we don't know what the bouncers said. Phillips is certainly something off a target for a bouncer on a power trip to decide to play hard man to.

Not saying this happened, but right now all we have is 'there was an argument, then a scuffle'.

06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok, so everybody knows that bouncers are mostly in the job for a ruck, so what normal person thinks yeah I'll have a row with you ? Even if you are 6ft 5 and built like a brick out house, what do you stand to gain by confronting them ? A quarter pounder with cheese. Being a big lad myself I know that even if you knock 7 shades out of them the reaction will something long the lines of "what did you do that for, you're twice his size" and if you get decked by some egotistical little scum bag then you end looking like a right charlie, doubly so if you're famous for being one of the most abrasive #9's in world rugby. All he's done is make himself look like a spanner and given some horrible excuse for a human being a story to tell his grand kids.
06-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I've had mates beaten up by bouncers for no good reason. Given Phillips' reputation around cardiff bouncers, his high media profile and inability to back down I am saying there is every chance this was not him kicking off

It could be, in no way am I saying that it was the bouncer's fault either. I'm saying lets wait for the full story, or at least more of a witness report than 'there was a scuffle', before we lay blaim. I gave Jamie Robers, JD and Bradley the same benefit of the doubt, and I will give the same to Phillips

06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I think you're totally missing my point, I agree that bouncers are normally always to blame and in Cardiff you don't have to be a professional knuckle dragger to try and have a pop at Phillips, wasn't it a student who lamped him last time ?

I take issue with with him putting himself in a position where some dullard with a camera phone could take pictures of him being manhandled. Given that this isn't the first time this has happened wouldn't a normal (intelligent/ sane) person think "hold up I've met idiots like these before, best be off" ? If they'd chased him through Cardiff city centre to pin him to the floor there'd be no doubt that he was on the receiving end of a couple of louts.

I'm willing to give Roberts, JD & Bradley the benefit of the doubt cos it doesn't seem to be an annual tradition with them.
06-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Been suspended. Officially for the incident but rumour has it they are furious with him for not doing the traning and diet work that they required of all the players