Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A bum deal?
04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
A bum deal?
Congratulations to the Dragons for a great win, I notice that other welsh regions have failed to offer any.
But by having to go up to Edinburgh, is this a bum deal I know they'd have preferred Irish? Edinburgh by the way had full congratulations from glasgow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: A bum deal?
Rugby is degenerating into an unsporting arena of physical thuggery !! Rarely do you see acts of sportsmanship on the field these days, perhaps there is too much at stake. I remember the days when T M O 's were Turkish Medical Officers, and more often than not defending players would signal a conversion when the * linesmen * were in doubt. Today we see players cheating by walking back to the half way line to try and convince the ref, the refs assistants, the T.M.O. and any one else concerned that a try has been scored when clearly this is not the case. Sadly the U.K. is one of the worst offenders. Please note I have used the term 'U.K.' , because largely speaking the onfield behaviour in the Irish Republic still remains at a very high standard; and their spectators are perhaps the best behaved in the whole world.

I watch a lot of International cricket, and was impressed with the recent world cup final between Australia and New Zealand. The Kiwis of course in that match were stuffed; but I did notice that when Michael Clarke was dismissed having made a very decent score, Brendan McCullen and two or three other New Zealanders went up to him as he left the field and shook his hand. It is also apparent how devastated the Australian team is concerning the recent death of Phil Hughes on the field. We have seen some very nasty rugby accidents recently, and I feel that the death of a player on the field will sadly happen before long. Our players seem little interested in injuries whether to their team or the opposition. It is all very sad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply