Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ireland v New Zealand
11-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Ireland v New Zealand
Anybody care to predict the scores on this one ?
To kick things off I'm guessing 5 tries for the ABs - say 42-9.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Ireland v New Zealand
The Irish are fighters !!! You may be correct Mr. Evans, but I would not put any money on it, there is a possibility of an Irish victory.
11-21-2013, 12:08 AM
John, call me Chris. Ireland were pretty poor at weekend and I think that the pack are flat track bullies, Heaslip in particular ha very little fight in him. Behind the scrum they have a real issue at 10, BOD is a doubt and there is no experience d backup in the mould of Scott Williams to come in.
IMHO the last two Irish coaches have been guilty of not developing the squad, leaving them very short handed if there are injuries as can be seen at the moment.

My reckoning is the ABs can score 5 tries against SA they can do the same to a below par Irish side.
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey guys read my last post !!!!!! In my opinion that was the greatest match ever played. The 1972 Babarians v N.Z. fixture was largely an exhibition game; todays event was outright war. No yellow cards, just sheer class. Ireland can win the World Cup !!!
11-24-2013, 08:52 PM
There are some iconic players coming to the end of their careers for Ireland in the next 2 years.

They will go to the next world cup without BOD, maybe without O'Connell and Gordon D'Arcy. Guys like Sexton, O'Brien, Heaslip and Conor Murray will be in their prime, but there are some big shoes that need filling.
11-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Typical Ireland... forwards started excellent, good in attack. But then let down my defense, conceding lots of point, giving away penalties and can't last the 80 mins.

The moment their defensive tactics are sorted out, they will start to compete in the 6 nations again.
11-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Well I have just finished my plate of humble pie. I only got to hear the second half on the radio, but I had seriously under estimated the Irish spirit. But for that missed penalty with 5 or so to go it could have been an historic win.