Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
THE LIONS THREAD.
05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
THE LIONS THREAD.
Use this for anything related to the Lions.
First up it's the Baa baa's in HK, Warbs out injured and POC called captain................
THoughts?

A smile will make others smile, a frown will live alone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: THE LIONS THREAD.
I thought the Baa Baas game was a gimmick, but when you look at the Lions team it gets the juices flowing.

Lions team: Stuart Hogg (Scotland), Alex Cuthbert (Wales), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Jamie Roberts (Wales), Sean Maitland (Scotland); Owen Farrell (England), Mike Phillips (Wales); Mako Vunipola (England), Richard Hibbard (Wales), Adam Jones (Wales), Richie Gray (Scotland), Paul O'Connell (Ireland), Dan Lydiate (Wales), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Toby Faletau (Wales).

Replacements: Tom Youngs (England), Cian Healy (Ireland), Matt Stevens (England), Alun Wyn Jones (Wales), Jamie Heaslip (Ireland), Conor Murray (Ireland), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), George North (Wales).

That looks pretty interesting!
05-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Surprised that Adam is playing, I thought that he might be kept back given the paucity of good TH's.
Some real gas in the locks, they can dominate possession from lineout and with AWJ to come on, no loss of control, Tips gives a third option too.
The only concern for me is the two pivotal guys, both like taking it up rather than pass, mind you JR & JD2 do well there too.

05-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Thought he might have had Best on the bench, just to help integrate him into the squad a little more after his late call-up.. Expected to see Parling in there somewhere too.

Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to speak out and remove all doubt.
05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
The biggest worry with Saturdays game is whether or not any guys have to return home without using the second leg of their tickets. Sam Warburton must be hanging in the balance.
05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
That Lions pack is going to steamroller that Baa baa's pack unless Dai spends all week kicking their collective arses around HK & I can't see that happening. Realistically the Lions should walk all the warm up games, there'll be no Wallabies until the first test which we might sneak & Craig "enter expletive here" Joubert's reffing the 2nd Test so it's all down hill from there !!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Sam's injury is apparently very minor - Gatland says they could have given him an anti-inflammatory and he'd have been fine to play, but given his history with injuries and the complete meaningless nature of this game, they decided not to risk him. He'll be back to full fitness within five days, apparently.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - now, bugger off.
05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes, I'd read that too, but then also read that the physio's have told him to keep off the leg for five days.................

05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
I am going to be shouted down on this for sure !!!! I believe the combined quality of U.K. rugby is at present light years ahead of Australia. I predict victory for the Lions by an aggregate of at least one hundred points over the three tests.
05-31-2013, 06:07 PM
We'll see soon enough John.
Love this from Adam, really looks like his own words too not some crankie journo.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Is the aim to wind Paul James up?