Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cardiff City A.F.C.
04-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Cardiff City A.F.C.
Although the City are on the verge of securing promotion, I feel a genuine concern that they may blow it at the last hurdle and fall back into the play off zone and eventual faliure. If they had performed throughout the season in the manner they have over the last few weeks, they would now be in danger of relegation.
The draw against Barnsley was unacceptable, and Saturdays home fixture against Nottingham Forest will be a big challenge, and one that they must win at all costs.

If Cardiff go to Hull for their final game needing points, then I am afraid Cardiff supporters will be devastated !!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Cardiff City A.F.C.
Problem is John, so will many rugby supporters if they do get promotion.
Two big Premiership teams, playing here in Wales every alternate week, against the biggest teams in England........where do you think kids will want to go?

A smile will make others smile, a frown will live alone.
04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning Barry. I think it will be up to both football and rugby to make their product as attractive as possible. Some attempt is being made by the Regions and the W R U to offer packages that will appeal to famillies; but these always seem to be in the less popular areas of the ground; either directly behind the posts or on the final bend if you get what I mean. It seems unfair to me that these concessions are not extended to better ground areas, particularly here in Wales where premium seats are left unsold by the thousands every week.
I would never attend a football match in preference to rugby, but I would not wish to deprive any youngster of going to watch the City instead of the Blues, if that is what they wanted. Two Premiership football teams in Wales may infact provide the impetus for our rugby sides to put in a little more effort to make their game more attractive !
The W R U could take a lead here, and instead of closing off the whole of the Upper tier for minor internationals at the M.S. they could distribute 100 free tickets to each school in Wales who makes an application to attend. Four of those tickets would be clearly marked *Adult in the Company of School Party * and the remaining 96 marked * Junior *. I make this suggestion because over the years I have seen many tickets allocated to schools end up in the hands of adult only parties on a piss up !!
Cardiff City would not be able to match this; because their stadium will be full to capacity throughout the season. Good luck to them; through perseverance they have scored te golden goal.
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi John.
I'm sure that the two clubs will be very successful in the Premiership, Swansea already are of course and shortly will extend the capacity of the Liberty. Football fans are notorious for their hatred of their neighbour and THAT might cause a headache or two.
You'd think that the prospect of TWO teams in the top tier of football would be sure to concentrate the minds of those who administer our great game............I wont be holding my breath.

A smile will make others smile, a frown will live alone.