Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WALES v ENGLAND
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
WALES v ENGLAND
Another undeserved win by England yesterday! Italy were unlucky and unfortunately missed 2 opportunities to score. Gutted!

What are everyone's thoughts on next weekend?? I certainly believe Wales can win the championship!! Smile

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. fanatic, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. girl. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
RE: WALES v ENGLAND
Rachel, anything's possible but, the England that we saw yesterday will not be the team we see next weekend, either in terms of personnel or tactics, but most importantly, desire.
In my view England were guilty of looking beyond the Italy game and that will not be the case on Saturday.
If we are to win, then two things need to happen, we have to be squeaky clean and totally clinical with any chances we get.
We know how good our defence is and it will have to be on top form too.
I'm hopefully optimistic.
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks to Italy who make the City of Cardiff one of the largest Italian cities in Europe, Wales may well start Saturdays decider as favourites. Rob Howley who has taken a lot of flack during this season is now sitting just outside the fence that contains candidates next in line to take over from the Great Deserter. An 8 point victory on Saturday, which is not asking a lot, would probably capitulate him into being the favourite for the job; and I have to say that in view of the training he has had, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

It did take me sometime to work out why Wales only need an 8 point margin against England to win the championship; and I imagine several others are as well. England currently have 91 points for and 48 against which is a + 43 ; and Wales 92 for and 63 against which is + 29. So I calculated that Wales needed to win by 43 minus 29 plus 1 which is 15 points. I was of course neglecting to add the points that are going to be scored at the M.S. on Saturday; and an 8 point victory for Wales would see their difference increase to +37, and Englands decrease to 35. Simple stuff really, but a very achievable margin after the horrific start we had against Ireland.

It is going to be a wonderful atmosphere on Saturday and for once it is probably great that we have an extra 2 hours for the build up. CYMRU AM BYTH.

Can I ask every one in this forum to look out for Warren Gatland on Saturday please. Considering his recent movements, should by any chance he be watching France, I call for him to be immediately sacked at Welsh Coach. That situation would indicate not only does he have no further interest in Wales, but his commitment to the Lions is also questionable.
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
After yesterday I'm totally buoyed about Saturday.
England were dire, Italy were brilliant and George Clancy was inept, as usual.
At times England looked clueless and completely bereft of ideas and if Italy hAd someone who could split the sticks on a regular basis they'd have won.
And how any team can come away with nothing from a 7 on 3 is mind boggling!
Is this really the same nucleus of a team who put the AB's to the sword 4 months ago?
I also must thank Lancaster for sticking with Ashton, who now looks average at best. The whole of England knows the brilliant Christian Wade ought to be in that slot.

So, bring on next Saturday. It really can't come soon enough!

Cymru Am Byth.

Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to speak out and remove all doubt.
03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I had to laugh (very sad that) at the vision he presented to watching viewers from Murrayfield, who was it called him a smurf?
03-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I had to laugh (very sad that) at the vision Gatland presented to watching viewers from Murrayfield, who was it called him a smurf?
03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
An 8 point win in Cardiff is most certainly a possibility.
In fact, if we win by 7 points, and England don't outscore us by two tries, we'll still win the championship, as we'd be level on points difference and after that it goes on tries scored.

It says a lot about the quality of this year's championship that we are the highest scoring team, in points, and tries. We've not exactly set the world alight, and yet we are in with a chance of nicking this thing right at the death.

As has been mentioned, the England that comes to Cardiff next weekend will certainly not be the same England that were lucky to get a win yesterday (and by god, they were very luck that Clancy helped them out).
However, despite us not looking world beaters this year, our defence has got us through the last 3 games, and while we seem to be gaining in confidence, England started well, but have fallen away a little.
All adds up for a tense game on Saturday.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
@DaveJames78
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
England will be shagged out before their coach ( Max Boyce term for bus ) even turns into Westgate Street. England will have 23 players, Wales 70,023. CYMRU AM BYTH.
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
England will be shagged out before their coach ( Max Boyce term for bus ) even turns into Westgate Street. England will have 23 players, Wales 70,023. CYMRU AM BYTH.
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Double postings left in case any guys in white shirts watching. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11