Welsh Team for Paris
02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Welsh Team for Paris
Brought to you as soon as possible , see it here first
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Welsh Team for Paris
Howley has now led us, the Welsh nation, to a record number of home defeats.
Beat that!

Also notice how neither the coach or captain comes onto to apologise, but fall guy Biggar got sent out!

Roger, you really are leading us down the path towards total darkness, get the light now!
02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Here's the team I'd pick:

15 - Byrne
14 - Halfpenny
13 - Davies
12 - Roberts
11 - North
10 - Biggar
9 - Williams

1 - James
2 - Hibbard
3 - Jones
4 - Coombes
5 - Evans
6 - Warburton
7 - Tipuric
8 - Faletau

I'd get rid of the coaches if possible, maybe bring Dai Young and/or Lyn Jones in for a few games.

I don't get the calls for Hook to start at all. People have been going on about him not getting a run in the team, and yet they're calling for Biggar to be dropped. After one game. Aside from the charge down, I think Biggar had a decent game, and was noticeably better ofter Phillips went off. The second half of the Ireland game showed us how important quick ball is to the way we play, and without Peel circa 2005 to call on, Lloyd Williams is it.

Close call for the centres in my opinion. Davies surely can't play that badly again? If Beck is fit, I'd be very tempted to put him at 12 and Roberts to 13, he's got great vision and works well with Biggar.

We've got naff all to lose to be honest.
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
The trouble is I am not sure whether the faults lie directly with the players !!! I think they are playing to strict orders and under a non variant game plan. And if the truth be known Bob the demolisher is probably getting daily e-mails from Warren ( Thank the Lord I am not there ) Gatland instructing him on what tactics to evolve.

As I have said before Wales are playing brick wall rugby, and the cement between the bricks is sound and secure. We must vary tactics; whether that includes the use of grubber kicks to put the ball beyond the defence I am not sure. But it is quite clear that Wales are just not good enough to compete on the International stadium at this time. It is not that we have declined in stature over the last 12 months; in last seasons competition we were very lucky and could easily have lost two or three of our matches.

Wales have nothing to lose now, no Grand Slam, and no Triple Crown, and a championship win is as unlikely as Roger Lewis distributing the revenue for the England match amongst the Regions. I feel it would be unfair to throw new players to the slaughter in Paris; it is up to the guys who have shamed Wales over the last 9 months to go out there against France and give their lives for their country !! Should they in fact die in the process, suffer long term injuries, or play once again as they have been recently, then will be the time to introduce alternative and ambitious selections.

Only two names come to my mind at the moment, and they are Sam Williams at 10, and Eli Walker on the wing. They may make errors, and Wales may still be painted in white at the end of the season, but please God help those responsible for the welfare of our number one religion make the right decisions in order to resurrect our game. Amen.
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
(02-04-2013 01:11 PM)DaveFeeder Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Here's the team I'd pick:

15 - Byrne
14 - Halfpenny
13 - Davies
12 - Roberts
11 - North
10 - Biggar
9 - Williams

1 - James
2 - Hibbard

3 - Jones
4 - Coombes
5 - Evans
6 - Warburton
7 - Tipuric
8 - Faletau

I'd get rid of the coaches if possible, maybe bring Dai Young and/or Lyn Jones in for a few games.

I don't get the calls for Hook to start at all. People have been going on about him not getting a run in the team, and yet they're calling for Biggar to be dropped. After one game. Aside from the charge down, I think Biggar had a decent game, and was noticeably better ofter Phillips went off. The second half of the Ireland game showed us how important quick ball is to the way we play, and without Peel circa 2005 to call on, Lloyd Williams is it.

Close call for the centres in my opinion. Davies surely can't play that badly again? If Beck is fit, I'd be very tempted to put him at 12 and Roberts to 13, he's got great vision and works well with Biggar.

We've got naff all to lose to be honest.

Bring in Lyn Jones by all means, but please no not Dai Young !!!
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I would be very tempted to go for Ryan jones at 6, he's very effective there, maybe more so than Warburton, who if we're honest hasn't shone for months now.
Hibbs to start with Paul James on his shoulder, locks as is.
I'd be very tempted to try Lloyd williams @ 9, keep Biggar @ 10, Hook @ 12, move roberts to 13 and keep the back three as started Saturday.
Bevington on bench with Rees and Mitchell.
JD2 Walker and byrne also benched.
02-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Apparently, Ryan, Hibbard, and Shingler are all fit for Saturday, but Walker is not.

I could see Ryan coming into the second row. He needs to be on the pitch for his leadership alone in all honesty.
I can't see Howler having the bottle to drop Warburton, so perhaps that's the best option.
02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
long time no see people! Poor start Saturday, but glimpses of what we do best in the second half. I predict (and hope to see) a few changes come this weekend. Firstly, the back three; Byrne has been playing well from what I gather, and if we all cast back our memories to 2008, Byrne was devestating coming into the line in attack (which is something Halfpenny does not do, however solid he may be). So why not start Mr Byrne at fullback, chuck Cuthbert away and put Halfpenny on the wing? We lose nothing by taking Cuthbert off - Halfpenny is better in defence and under high ball etc.

Centres is quite difficult because Davies had his worst game for Wales period, while Roberts is, and has been, quite for a while now. Having said that he rarely does anything wrong. I'm confident Davies won't play that badly again, so for the sake of consistency I am inclined to leave both where they are. However an argument could probably made for the inclusion of Scott Williams or even Beck.

Biggar wasn't actually that bad. He had crap ball in the first half. His ability to control and dictate the game was clearly evident in the second half when our forwards pulled their fingers out, and the zippy Lloyd Williams was his half-back partner. No need for change here.

I genuinely have no idea about 9. Phillips is awsome when he has a good game, but his laboured passing slowed us down Saturday, and we are at our best when we have quick ball. Howley will probably stick to his guns and keep Phillips there.

Tipuric has to play. So Warburton at 6, Tipuric at 7, and Falatau at 8.

Coombs was good as was Evans, barring the fact that Evans lost the ball a few times. I would really like to see Ryan Jones back, and if I got my own way I would probably stick him at second row (but of course he isn't really an international second row). But we need his leadership qualities. No one said anything on the pitch Saturday - that would change with RJ.

I've always thought that Matthew Rees is good, but not exceptional. Solid, but not extraordinary. I would much rather see the canonball Ken Owens at hooker. He is much more lively! Although I admit his throwing was not the best Saturday, but he is usually quite reliable. Also Gethin Jenkins was sh**e. He doesn't even start for his club for Pete's sake. Paul James all the way for me. Better scrummager, better form.

So to sum up:

15. Byrne
14. Halfpenny
13. JD
12. JR
11. George North!
10. Biggar
9. Phillips (or Williams)
8. Falatau
7. Tipuric
6. Warburton
5. Ian Evans
4. Coombs
3. Adam Jones
2. Ken Owens
1. Paul James
02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Can't see the sense in dropping either Halfpenny or North for Byrne. As good as he's played for Clermont this year, I don't see how bringing him back into the fold helps us long-term. This Six Nations is already a disaster, we need to continue to blood younger players, keep faith in them, and let them play their way back into form, hopefully with the application of some good coaching, preparation and analysis (stop laughing).

Warburton's a funny one. He's not the best 6 in Wales, he's not even the best fit 6 in Wales, but he's the fucking captain, and there's no way Howley's going to drop him, if nothing else because Gatland will probably murder him if he does. So he'll have to play there instead of Shingler or Ryan and we'll have to hope he takes to it as he seems to have every time him and Tips have been on the pitch together.

Coombs really put his hand up on Saturday, and Evans played as well as he was able, but I'd still be tempted to bring Ryan in, just because Warburton seems to have, if not lost the respect of the team, then to be struggling a little with trying to play himself out of a run of poor form while handling the motivational mantle of the captaincy. Sadly, it seems as though other senior players, such as Matt Rees and Gethin, who have captained Wales themselves in the past, haven't put their hands up to help him out, whereas anyone who's ever seen Ryan play for Wales or the Ospreys knows how good a leader and a vice-captain he could be on the field on Saturday.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - now, bugger off.
02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Sorry been busy trying to persuade Howley to resign. Update as soon as I hear anything