Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australia V Wales
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Australia V Wales
Prediction time, give us your thoughts on how this one will pan out.
I predict a win and i base that on this..http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18324263 and the good form of the boys in recent games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Australia V Wales
Weather creating a freak result?

Haven't seen the game but the report sounds like Oz were camped in Scotland's half but couldn't get through the defence and also missed their DGs and Pens. No real relevance to next weekend apart from a possible Oz backlash.
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I saw most of the game, the weather was shocking and running rugby was not really on the agenda.

Fair play to Scotland for the win - solid scrum which was good homework for us.

It was sensible to get some of our boys out there early and will certainly help in preparation. This is a game we could win and if we can win with the pressure on the Aussies for the week after will help us too.
06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
It was probably about 50-50 territory wise, in the first half Scotland could have/ should have scored at least 1 try & then in the second half likewise Australia. The Wallabies missed 2 kicks too, so Scotland just made the best of the few chances either side had.

Still think Australia will win the first test, but Wales will win the second 2 tests when the reinforcements arrive & Scott Williams or JD get nearer to 100%
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I can't help but be chuffed for the Scots, what an epic result. I only saw about 15 minutes but it looked like they had Aus worked out.

But surely, this is terrible news for us, isn't it? There's eff-all chance of Aus being "caught napping" now. They'll be wounded animals. To be perfectly honest I was rather counting on them rolling the Scots over and not hitting top gear until it was too late...

Or does the panel feel that Aus won't be able to fix their problems in 5 days, are deep in the pooh, and we're on a winner? I hope so...
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Sour
The longer your piece went on the more I found myself agreeing with you..............
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the Aussies will be motivated and reinforced for us on Sunday - don't forget, most of the pack and a fair few of the backs were rested for Sunday – put it all together and a big task just got even bigger, and we aren't going to have the weather that helped the Scots out so much on Sunday to stop the Aussies playing their natural game - a number of Aussie players were treated for hypothermia after the game yesterday, which should tell you how bloody lucky the Scots were that they had quite literally the perfect weather to implement their limited gameplan and nullify the Australian backs threat.

I think we'll reap the misery of the Scots win on Sunday once Quade, Robinson, Horwill, Kepu et al are back…

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - now, bugger off.
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
(06-05-2012 11:30 PM)Sourdust Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I can't help but be chuffed for the Scots, what an epic result. I only saw about 15 minutes but it looked like they had Aus worked out.

But surely, this is terrible news for us, isn't it? There's eff-all chance of Aus being "caught napping" now. They'll be wounded animals. To be perfectly honest I was rather counting on them rolling the Scots over and not hitting top gear until it was too late...

Or does the panel feel that Aus won't be able to fix their problems in 5 days, are deep in the pooh, and we're on a winner? I hope so...

and despite the weather and 5 new Aussie caps starting, we'll still get the 'well scotland beat them', whether we win or not

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. blog and forum
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Quade's not back for the Saturday, Deans thinks he's not match fit enough for a Test match, Horwill may well be out for a long while cos his knee/ ankle hyper-extension made me feel ill just watching the replay, he's not even the squad to play in June (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . Timani got clattered on Tuesday and Mark Robson said that Lock is a position where the Aussies are struggling for the next Test at least & to be honest the reason he said they were struggling was cos Vickerman's injured, if the 33 year old was in contention for a starting spot they've got a fair bit to worry about. Nathan Sharpe always looks like one of their most important players to me & he's 34 and retiring in 2 months. Rob Simmons is pretty bog standard in Super Rugby let alone internationals, I'd take all 4 of our locks over him. I can't really see how their front 5 will pose much threat to ours, other than at hooker & to be honest their's are inconsistent as ours can be. Even in the back row I don't think we've got much to worry about, Pocock's different gravy but they're supposedly starting Wyclef Palu @ 8 and the most memorable thing about him is his name.

Genia's in better nick than he was, but he was woeful, now he's nearer normal, as oppose to super human as he seemed to be last year. Who knows who's gonna start @ 10, but I like our chances a lot better with no Quade, JOC or Beale on the pitch. The best 1 Wallabies on Tuesday were Ioane & Tomane (& I'm not even sure he'll get a run out on Saturday) but Cuthbert & North aren't too shabby on our side & if the forwards can get a bit of a foot hold then we should be able to limit the amount of ball their wingers get.

So that's that then, we're screwed ! After I've typed this I'm writing a strongly worded letter to Alex Salmond !
06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Howley clearly has some kind of issue with the players from the Ospreys, the highest ranked team in the Rabo Pro 12 has but one starting player.

The lineup:
Australia: Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW); Joe Tomane (ACT), Rob Horne (NSW), Pat McCabe (ACT), Digby Ioane (Queensland); Berrick Barnes (NSW), Will Genia (Queensland); Benn Robinson (NSW), Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW), Sekope Kepu (NSW), Rob Simmons (Queensland), Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), Scott Higginbotham (Queensland), David Pocock (Western Force, capt), Wycliff Palu (NSW).
Replacements: Stephen Moore (ACT), Ben Alexander (ACT), Dave Dennis (NSW), Michael Hooper (ACT), Nic White (ACT), Anthony Fainga'a (Queensland), Mike Harris (Queensland).
Wales: Leigh Halfpenny (Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets), George North (Scarlets); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Toulon), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Dan Lydiate (Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).
Replacements: Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Ashley Beck (Ospreys).